The APS®construction indicates that the sealing element is pressed pneumatically to the perimeter of the disk in flap position “closed”! Steady pressure tightness is still guaranteed with slight wears by the constant contact pressure of the sealing element of the flap valve.
Therefore it shows a special suitability for abrasive bulk material. The shut-off Valve can be employed depending on the used sealing material in a temperature range of – 40°C up to + 200°C. For the triggering of the pneumatic seal Warex offers different solutions in which the seal can, if necessary, escape freely with vacuum support or be charged with nitrogen.
- minimized wear, by operation nearly frictionless
- considerably extended durability with abrasive (nonadhesive) products
- considerably lower torque, therefore smaller drives
- maintenance-free design
- exchangeable seals
- EX type for application in 0/20 zones according to EC Type Examination BVS03/Atex-H024X
- Seals with a lateral projection and an additional seal face guarantee a perfect sealing between
flanges without additional flange seals
- Shafts and armature head qualified for the construction of the different drive possibilities, cutting point
according to DIN/ISO 5211
Silumin (Aluminium), steel, stainless steel
stainless steel, ground and polished
NBR, Hypalone, EPDM, FPM, Silicone, amongst others
stainless steel 1.4571 + 1.4057 + 1.4542
MS, PTFE-coal, bronze, peek
- Valve Disk
- Retaining ring
- Connection flange
- Bearing pin
- Plug screw
- End plate
- Air connection APS®
- Mounting bracket for APS® console
1. Valve open
The special APS shut-off valve (Air-Pressure-Sealing) has a valve disc which is smaller than the corresponding sealing sleeve. The disc can close easily.
2. Valve closed
There is still a small gap remaining between the valve disc and sleeve – in this state, the fitting can be opened again with minimal torque.
3. Valve pressed
When the valve is closed, air is blown evenly on the seal, which ensures a secure and gentle shut-off with minimal friction. This is a major benefit with aggressive bulk materials, in particular.
DKZ 110 APS® DZ-P
Butterfly Valve with pneumatically charged sealing here with
pneumatic actuator. Positioner and fluid disk are particularly suitable for dosing.
- Range of Nominal Widths: DN 50 – DN 1200
- Operating Temperature: – 40°C to + 200°C*
- Differential Pressure: up to 6 bar*
- Sleeve: replaceable or fix vulcanized
* Operational limitations depend on nominal width, temperature and composite materials. Crucial are the parameters set in the confirmation.