The class DKZE 103 APS® concerns Shut-Off Valves in a simple eccentric type. APS type indicates (Air-Pressure-Sealing) that the sealing element is pressed pneumatically to the perimeter of the disk in Valve position “closed”. Within light wears a steady pressure tightness is still guaranteed through the constant contact pressure of the sealing element to the flap Valve. Therefore it shows a special suitability for abrasive bulk materials. The Shut-Off Valves can be used in a temperature area from – 40°C up to + 200°C depending on the used sealing material. For the control of the pneumatic seal Warex offers different solutions in which the seal can be vented if applicable with vacuum support or be charged with nitrogen.
- Minimized wear because operation nearly frictionless
- Considerably extended durability within abrasive (non-viscous) products
- Considerably lower torque, therefore smaller drives
- Maintenance-free constructiont
- No shaft bushing in the sealing element, therefore also air suspension bearings possible
- Seals simply exchangeable without disassembling of the Shut-Off Valve (conditional on the eccentric design)
- No reduction of the locking pressure necessary for the seal
- Rather suitable for fine-grained products up to approx. 2.5 mm grain size, otherwise product loose closing has to be provided
- Also available in EX version for the application in zone 0 / 20, according to type test BVS03AtexH025X
- Shafts and armature head qualified for the construction of the different drive possibilities, cutting point according to DIN/ISO 5211
Silumin (Aluminium), steel, stainless steel
stainless steel, ground and polished
NBR, Hypalone, EPDM, FPM, Silicone, amongst others
stainless steel 1.4571 + 1.4057 + 1.4542
MS, PTFE-coal, bronze, peek
- Valve Disc
- Retaining ring
- Connection flange
- End plate
- Air connection®
- Mounting bracket for APS® control
1. Valve open
The special APS shut-off valve (Air-Pressure-Sealing) has a valve disc which is smaller than the corresponding sealing sleeve. The disc can close easily.
2. Valve closed
There is still a small gap remaining between the valve disc and sleeve – in this state, the fitting can be opened again with minimal torque.
3. Valve pressed
When the valve is closed, air is blown evenly on the seal, which ensures a secure and gentle shut-off with minimal friction. This is a major benefit with aggressive bulk materials, in particular.
* Operational limitations depend on nominal width, temperature and composite materials. Crucial are the parameters set in the confirmation.
POWTECH 2019 09. – 11.04.2019
VRAC TECH-BULK TECH 2019 01. – 03.10.2019
Technical Days 2019 Hanau
24. – 25.09.2019
VRAC TECH-BULK TECH 2019
01. – 03.10.2019